Unilever Operations Technician in Suffolk, Virginia
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Operations Technician is the core manufacturing role at Unilever/Lipton. This individual is responsible for operating and maintaining production assets within the factory. This includes Primary and Secondary tea packaging equipment as well as associated conveyors and palletizing equipment.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
The Operations Technician is responsible for all changeover, troubleshooting, and defined Continuous Improvement activities. This individual possesses strong communications, teamwork and problem solving skills.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- High School diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Must be able to perform problem solving and troubleshooting techniques
- Must be a high performer/ technically capable and self-directed in current/previous role
- History of compliance to all policies and procedures such as safety, quality and GMPs
- Ability to manage a number of high priority tasks with accuracy and adhering to deadlines
- Must achieve qualification level and completion of all training modules associated with assigned equipment
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening and background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Suffolk-Suffolk -1046 W. Washington
Shift: Evening Job
Unposting Date: Oct-17-2018
Req ID: 18000AJI