Unilever Manufacturing Supervisor - Ice Cream in Simcoe, Ontario
Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of this position is to lead the Manufacturing Operation for a shift at the Ice Cream Manufacturing Site in Simcoe, Ontario, Canada. This factory produces all the ice cream brands sold in Canada with a yearly production of 50,000,000 litres of ice cream. This position will be critical to drive performance in this high paced and cross functional environment. Team leadership and team engagement is vital to the success of this role.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
This role will report to the Manufacturing Manager and work cross functionally with other departments such as Quality, Maintenance and planning to run the Manufacturing Operation on a shift. This position is overall responsible for the safety, quality, and production performance for an entire shift of 150 hourly unionized employees.
There is a large amount of responsibility to deliver day to day results, in addition to longer term people development. It’s critical for this position to be able to communicate and explain key initiatives to employees, and hold the teams accountable to deliver in all aspects of manufacturing.
In addition to day to day management of the operation, this position is also required to support the sites continuous improvement agenda. This spans a wide variety of safety, quality, productivity, cost, waste improvements or new equipment/product/material trials.
This role is a critical Front Line Leader in the plant, and will be expected to have strong interpersonal skills for their own direct reports, as well as the ability to work laterally with other departments in the factory. It will be important to work cross functionally within the factory to drive plant wide results.
- You’re a born leader: Lead a team of 150 unionize employees to drive engagement and increased performance.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: High performance site looking to continue to drive improvements in Safety, Quality, and Productivity. The teams want to succeed, and want someone they can trust to help guide them.
- You’re a teacher: Coaching and developing the team is critical to success.
- You’re a change-maker: Drive a culture shift for high performance and collaborative teams.
- You’re a culture & change champion: Instill a Safety First Culture and change the mindset in regards to how we approach safety problems. Safety is not a singular action, but a culture change.
What you will need to succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree (in a technical discipline such as Engineering is an asset).
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience within a manufacturing or production environment.
- Experience in a unionized manufacturing environment preferred.
- A working background and knowledge of plant/equipment production and procedures is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office; SAP is a plus.
- Ability to understand the basis of an organization, focused on customer-supplier needs, both internal and external.
- Excellent communication skills, as well as when responding to a changing environment in an orderly and coherent manner
- Capacity to be a leader in the formation, design, implementation, and integration of new concepts and technologies.
Please note: This role requires the incumbent to work shifts, including nights and weekends.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, colour, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Simcoe-Simcoe -Simcoe Plant - GHP
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000D0Q