Unilever Customer Supply Chain Data Scientist in Shelton, Connecticut
Customer Supply Chain Data Scientist
* Shelton, CT *
Background & Purpose of the Job
The CSCA-Data Scientist will lead product lifecycle from ideation, data exploration, model building, results communication and business integration. This role will be partnering with internal supply chain domain experts and external collaboration engagements on advanced analytics.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
Working on the Amazon Customer Service Team, you will be responsible for the full lifecycle from analytic question definition, through data engineering, modeling, visualization development, testing, and operational deployment and support iterations for the Amazon business. This includes understanding goals and outline requirements, translate into technical designs, coordinate with multiple source data owners, and then develop the end user friendly analytics and self-service analytics interfaces. This role requires a detail oriented, creative technologist, someone who can communicate effectively, comfortable working in a highly collaborative and entrepreneurial environment.
* You’re a dot connector and storyteller:* You are good with numbers and you love to dig into data to find the story and then tell the story (good communication skills), highlighting key points that will have the biggest impact. You are detail-oriented and know how to focus on what really matters. You understand the importance of accuracy in data analytics and reporting.
* You’re a changemaker:* You are a self-starter and a multitasker who can work independently under tight timelines. You want to make an impact by providing the data that will help transform the experience for our consumers.
* You’re a paradox navigator:* Enable data driven decision-making supply chain, disrupting data silos.
* You’re a culture & change champion:* Be an advocate and set an example of digital cultural.
* You love to win, and have fun doing it:* Transform the way Unilever supply chain operates with a proactive, informed risk-taking, winning attitude!
What You’ll Need To Succeed
Education & Training: Degree in analytics, data science, computer science, statistics, or operations research or related technical discipline.
A minimum of three years of professional experience as a data scientist
Coding skills in a general-purpose programming language (e.g., C/C , Java or Python)
SAP and/or Oracle databases a plus
Deep experience in using SQL, extracting, cleaning, preparing and modeling data
Exploratory data analysis, and modelling using one or more of the most commonly used data science tools: R, Python
Exposure to or experience in big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Microsoft Azure, Spark)
Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related field
Strong experience in Data Visualization, Presentation and Story Telling
Communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers.
Motivated self-starter with a strong enthusiasm to learn
Results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership in delivering for our customer and businesses
Experience in supply chain management a plus.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth * |* Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits * |* Every Voice Matters * |* Global Reach * |* Life at Unilever * |* Careers with Purpose * |* World Class Career Development Programs * |* Check Out Our Space * |* Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Shelton-Shelton - 3 Corporate Drive
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Oct-27-2018
Req ID: 18000DRG