Unilever Assistant MBS Manager in Remote United States, United States
Job Description: Procurement Assistant - NA Marketing and Business Services, Logistics and Co-packing
Location: New Jersey- Englewood Cliffs, United States
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS,OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer?If yes, we are looking for top talent that are passionate foodies that also believe in the power of the plants for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
In 2015 the Spreads division created a new standalone company, the Baking, Cooking and Spreads (BCS) organisation that changed from operating as a Global Brand Led Organisation. It was an enabler to break down silos, to be more marketing facing and consumer connected. It unleashed a new leaner and more agile organisation with an experienced cross-functional leadership team with full accountability for the brands P&L.
So What Next?
On Friday 15thDecember, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKRare committed to supporting the business’ growth ambition, while continuing to follow Unilever’s responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 per cent sustainable palm oil by 2019.”
Support Procurement Manager - NA Marketing and Business Services, Logistics and Copacking in leveraging cluster and global supplier network in the space of marketing and business services, logistics and 3PM procurement.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Support in developing and implementing the best-in-class plans for the 3PM, Logistics and MBS (marketing and business services) procurement in North America
- Assist in negotiations and tenders and manage commercial relationships with new and existing suppliers
- Investigate the market trends and offerings and implement specific supplier relationship management strategies tailored to the business needs
- Support the business with accurate price forecasting of purchase prices and conditions to enable proper budgeting and cash forecasting
- Support logistics and manufacturing network rationalization projects
- Support in delivering VIP programmes (cash and savings) across the MBS categories, Logistics and 3PMs based on sourcing strategies and compliance management
- Represent BCS at the relevant Industry Bodies
Skills and Experience Required
- Higher professional education / university degree
- Proven and relevant track record in indirects buying and negotiating contracts for services, agencies, marketing, HR services, logistics, 3PMs for at least 3 years within a multinational company
Experience on large-scale change management projects and in international assignments is an advantage
Exemplify a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal, negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication
- Enjoy working in a virtual and multicultural working environment
Reporting Channel, Contacts and Travel:
·Procurement Assistant - Marketing and Business Services, Logistics and Co-packing reports into the Procurement Manager - NA Marketing and Business Services, Logistics and Copacking
· Internal: Procurement Global and Cluster teams, Supply Chain teams, R&D team, Legal team, Marketing team, Finance business partners
·External: Suppliers: Commercial management and Top management (CEO’s) of Key Suppliers, Agents, professional organization, industry bodies and 3PM, NGO’s, advisors and benchmarking organizations and others
·Travel globally for Supplier meetings, Industry meetings, project meetings and team meetings. Travel intensity as per job requirements
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-United States (State Level)-Remote United States-Remote - USA
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180006TD