Unilever Technical Operator 3 - Warehouse (2nd/3rd shift) in Raeford, North Carolina
Background & Purpose of the Job
Direct, operate, and attend to all palletizing activities and machinery, including starting and stopping, ensuring components and other packaging materials are available and loaded into machines, ensuring quality of product, troubleshooting, doing minor machinery repairs and maintenance, monitoring the speed of the equipment, gathering data, and completing palletization-related reports .
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Operate palletizing equipment, troubleshoot process faults, and make required adjustments to ensure quality and efficiency
- Lead effective and safe changeover, start-up, and shutdown of all equipment in assigned work area
- Perform routine cleaning, lubrication, and basic maintenance of equipment. Develop, maintain, and follow cleaning, lubrication, and inspection standards.
- Understand WCM principles and demonstrate a commitment to those principles. Lead WCM small group activities including development of necessary documents to complete AM Steps and participating in presentations for step audits.
- Ensure production, reconciliation, and inventory documents are completed neatly and accurately
- Direct and train new teammates
- Collect data as needed to calculate OEE and determine major and minor losses
- Submit focused improvement ideas and participate in improvement activities using 5-Why analysis, CAP-Do, and other problem solving techniques
- Assist with major repairs, installations, and maintenance
- Coordinate activities between compounding, operations, and the warehouse
- Understand interaction of equipment and systems, identify equipment abnormalities, monitor equipment condition to improve outputs, interpret data (SPC, graphs, charts, OEE), identify problems (5-Why Analysis, CAP-Do Cycle), and formulate proper decisions
- Understand basic manufacturing principles including operation and maintenance of packaging equipment
- Perform quality checks on line. Understand and implement quality concepts and controls as related to specific equipment and processes. Locate, understand, and apply Standard Operating Procedures and One Point Lessons. Write and train other team members on SOPs and OPLs.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to plant safety procedures. Work in a safe manner. Follow LOTO procedures. Communicate unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel. Understand how to locate and use MSDS documents.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to housekeeping standards. Ensure work area is kept neat and orderly. Understand and follow 5S process.
- Understand different team roles and demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills in areas of responsibility. Able to move through team positions in both core-job and team leadership roles.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- A minimum 2 year’s prior industrial maintenance OR an Associate Degree in Maintenance (or within 6 months of graduation with a Maintenance degree)
- May lift over 5 pounds but under 50 pounds 15 to 40% of time worked
- Use of common hand and power tools, product filler, valve inserters, cappers, gluers, labelers, gassers, carton formers, drop loaders, conveyors, scales, and measuring devices
- Able to use as appropriate SAP, Capture Data Collection Program, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
- Experience operating a forklift is preferred but not required
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation .
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raeford-Raeford, NC
Shift: Evening Job
Unposting Date: Nov-10-2018
Req ID: 18000CLZ