Unilever Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd Shift & 3rd Shift in New Century, Kansas
Maintenance Mechanic – 2nd Shift & 3rd Shift
Background & Purpose of the Job:
Unilever is actively seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our factory located in New Century, Kansas. The mechanic will be focused on maintaining and fixing machinery that processes margarine and spreads in the factory. This includes troubleshooting and repairing processing and packaging equipment utilizing World Class Manufacturing methods of Continuous Improvement. The mechanic will also be responsible for performing preventative maintenance and completing work orders as assigned. Candidates must be willing to work night shift hours (2ndor 3rdshift), and, overtime hours if needed as well.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do:
- You’re a Teacher: Locate sources of problem by observing mechanical devices in operation, listening for problems, using precision measuring and testing instruments and teaching others of what you encountered (for future preventative maintenance measures).
- You’re a Changemaker: You repair, replace, adjust and align components of machinery and equipment that is defective.
- You’re a Dot Connector: You perform routine preventative maintenance and repair to manufacturing equipment as needed.
- Clean and lubricate parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Weld to repair broken metal parts.
- Service and repair factory facility equipment such as air compressors, heat exchangers, boilers and ammonia refrigeration equipment.
- Adjust and test machinery.
- Perform repairs such as chains, sprockets, bearings, and belts.
- Rebuild pneumatic cylinders, valves, pumps, gearboxes and other drive train components.
- Stick and tig welding repair.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma, or, GED equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of maintenance experience within a manufacturing facility.
- Strong mechanical abilities and experience using hand tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is a plus.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-New Century-New Century -27080 West 159th
Shift: Night Job
Unposting Date: Aug-17-2018
Req ID: 180008RS