Unilever World-Class Manufacturing (WCM) Resource in Jefferson City, Missouri
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma, or, GED equivalent. College is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience is required.
- Work experience within a production/manufacturing environment is required as well.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
General Scope of Position: The WCM resource will be a front-line manufacturing problem solver, data expert, coach, and teacher. S/he should have the ability to work with minimal direction performing multiple tasks and be proficient in data driven decisions. The role class of the resource is to support the WCM pillar leaders in advancing the understanding and application of world manufacturing methodologies in the plant. Additionally the resource will support the Cell teams in collecting and analyzing data to understand and eliminate loss. The resource will also need to have a solid understanding of the Autonomous Maintenance (AM) and Preventative Maintenance (PM) processes as they relate to plant efficiency.
WCM Pillar Support
Detailed understanding of WCM/Yamashina material for those pillars
- Ability to communicate and coach WCM methodology
Data Integrity and support for Operations, Processing, Warehouse (cells)
Understand Rapid data entry, reporting, and reconciliation system and functions
- Ability to coach others on proper usage
Focused Improvement Root Cause Problem Solving
Understand WCM problem solving process to the Quick and Standard Kaizen level
- Provide coaching on root cause problem solving throughout the plant including the completion of Safety, Quality, and Environmental incidents
- and Breakdowns (EWOs)
Support the development and completion of standard work as part of the above tasks including, but not limited to SMPs, PMs, Machine Ledgers, OPLs, and CILs
Work with the training department to assess and resolve training needs, including the development of training documentation and integration with Luminance, the online training system. Competencies: Skills Required:
PowerPoint – basic skills to include inserting pictures/graphics, formatting text, animation
- Excel – graphing, charting, formulas
- Word – basic usage
- Outlook – email, scheduling, booking conference rooms
Create and manage action registers
- Meeting coordination and note taking
- Lead discussions and decision making
Manage multiple projects simultaneously
Written and verbal
- Lead and influence others
- Facilitate meetings
Documenting and storing work
- Functional level 2 with an Individual Development Plan (IDP) to 4
- Work with minimal supervision
- Work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Verified and demonstrated technical skills in area of expertise
2 will be full time roles that will grow Safety:
Abide by all plant Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) policies.
- Attend all Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) training.
- Work with a positive Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) attitude.
- Serve on a Safety, Health, & Environment (SHE) team as assigned.
- Be aware of plant SHE significant aspects.
- Train all new hires on operator certified safety.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Jefferson City-Jefferson City -2900 W Truman
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Nov-30-2018
Req ID: 18000B7Q