Unilever Building Maintenance Mechanic - Evening Shift in Independence, Missouri
Building Maintenance Mechanic – Evening Shift
We are actively seeking a Building Maintenance Mechanic to provide support to our factory in Independence, Missouri.The Incumbent will primarily be responsible for maintaining production and quality by ensuring reliability of machinery and electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Ensures operation of machinery and electrical and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pumps, boilers, chillers, compressed air systems, conveyors and various other process equipment; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments. Ability to analyze failures and determine corrective actions.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining for abnormality and serviceability of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, alignment devices and various other calibration equipment.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by proper documentation on returned work orders and work request forms.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
·High school diploma or GED equivalent.
·A minimum of 2 years of experience in maintenance with an emphasis on both mechanical and electrical skills.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Independence-Independence -13000 E. 35th
Shift: Evening Job
Unposting Date: Feb-04-2019
Req ID: 18000F8F