Unilever Packaging Machine Adjuster in Hammond, Indiana
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Under minimal direction of management or other employees, safely performs and guides: the repair, replacement, installation, inspection, enhancements, optimization, testing and troubleshooting of all packaging floor and associated equipment (includes high speed packaging equipment).
- Performs Preventative Maintenance Routines including accurate, complete and timely follow-up documentation. This documentation includes computerized work order updates, inventory transactions, verbal and written reports, etc.
- Applies all technical knowledge and experience to ensure that all repairs and size / format changeover set-ups are performed in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform equipment inspection, installation, maintenance, repairs, and diagnostics of packaging machinery and all related equipment. This also includes accurate, complete and timely follow-up documentation including work order updates, inventory transactions, verbal and written reports, etc.
- Effectively uses hand / power tools and shop equipment.
- Effectively work with managers, operators, contractors, service people, vendors/suppliers and clients to ensure timely and accurate completion of services. This includes coordination of activities to ensure minimal disruption of production schedules and work flow.
- Move and operate various equipment including but not limited to forklift, high lift, etc.
- Defines, selects, requests and expedites parts and materials while following approved procedures.
- Inspect used parts to determine dimensional changes using calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments and diagnose to prevent future problems.
- Perform all tasks and responsibilities in a fashion that assures personal safety and the safety of others and equipment. Report any non-conformance to safety standards.
- Effectively communicates with others by presenting information, responding to questions and seeking feedback/input.
- Effectively works and participates in a team environment.
- Actively participates and/or leads in project initiatives and selected cross-functional teams as approved.
- Schedules and plans daily activities and project initiatives.
- Performs/follows quality related practices (i.e SPC, TQM, GMP, etc).
- Ensures and maintain the quality of product being manufactured.
- Can be required to train others, participate in training design and initiate efforts to develop or modify training programs.
- Required to stay up to date on emerging technologies and techniques relating to area(s) of expertise.
- Maintains and cleans: work area, job site, shop area, tools and equipment.
- Share job related knowledge and information with management and peers.
- Mechanical experience and knowledge with pumps, drives, packagingequipment (stamping press, cartoner machines, bundling machines, case packing machines), high speed equipment, conveyors, glue units, cooling systems, electrical systems and components.
- Working understanding of basic electrical and frequency drives. PLC knowledge is a PLUS.
- Effective mechanical troubleshooting skills (pneumatic and electric basic skills included) and equipment setup skills for product size changeovers are a must.
- Must be able to display manual dexterity and perform all physical demands as outlined in the job description.
- Ability to use shop equipment in order to perform tasks related to milling, cutting, drilling, grinding, and fabricating of parts / components / equipment.
- Basic computer skills is preferred (utilize CMMS computer systems on-site).
- Understand and follow all GMP/Plant Hygiene guidelines when performing the daily functions.
- Work with little or no direction on a team or on your own.
- Must be able to pass a hands-on troubleshooting evaluation as well as a written maintenance mechanical aptitude test (pending available professional certifications).
- Must be able to work rotating shifts (facility produces 24 hours a day) and be available to work weekends and holidays in environment with regular exposure to moving mechanical parts and airborne particles.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed (both forcible and non-forcible).
- Must be able to handle regular walking, standing, and kneeling based on job task(s).
- Must be able to wear appropriate protective equipment consistent with job scope.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, consistent with a high capacity packaging operation.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Hammond-Hammond -1200 Calumet Avenue
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Nov-07-2018
Req ID: 18000EVI