Unilever Senior Manager of Logistics - North America in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Logistics Manager North Americas
OUR GROWTH IS POWERED BY PLANTS, OUR FUTURE IS POWERED BY YOU
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? If yes, we are looking for top talent that are passionate foodies that also believe in the power of the plants for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
In 2015 the Spreads division created a new standalone company, the Baking, Cooking and Spreads (BCS) organization that changed from operating as a Global Brand Led Organization. It was an enabler to break down silos, to be more marketing facing and consumer connected. It unleashed a new leaner and more agile organization with an experienced cross-functional leadership team with full accountability for the brands P&L.
So What Next?
On Friday 15thDecember, it was announced that Unilever was to sell the Spreads business to KKR and the transfer of ownership is expected to take place in July 2018. KKR are committed to supporting the business’ growth ambition, while continuing to follow Unilever’s responsible sourcing policies, including working towards the goal of sourcing 100 per cent sustainable palm oil by 2019.”
Support Head of Supply Chain North America in delivering distribution targets and setting the logistics strategies for.
The Logistics Manager is responsible for all Logistics operations (inbound, primary, secondary and warehousing operations) and Repacking across its geography, ensuring service to factories and customers and delivering year on year cost savings.
- Build and develop a logistics team across Operations Centre and local Market to ensure business continuity after Unilever demerger as well as talent retention, attraction and succession planning.
- Drive Logistics operational costs measured as %TO down regardless of volume through efficiency, network optimizations, innovative ways of doing across the transport and warehousing space.
- Drive service to factories (inbound transport) and customers (Primary and Secondary transport) in coordination with customer service and supply & demand planning.
- Ensure Repacking is done on time in full at the lowest cost.
- Support customer engagements with Country SC and Customer Service management to build FFG value and relationships with the trade including value creation capabilities from Logistics.
- Represent FFG in key supplier negotiations to ensure that we continue to drive for maximum value whilst also identifying opportunities to drive costs out of the total supply chain from supplier through to consumer.
- Manage day to day operational relationships with 3PLs in the countries.
- Bring outside in & inside out via external engagements, including industry forums and functional conferences
- Support the Implementation of local transactional systems upgrades/changes which may be required or relevant (e.g. SAP APO, UTMS etc).
- Share and copy with pride opportunities to standardize and optimize our Logistics solutions across FFG.
- 4 year degree and significant senior Supply Chain and/or Logistics experience in FMCG, Other relevant industry Retailer or 3PL environment
- 6 Years minimum in Supply Chain operations with a logistics experience
- Budgeting & Planning
- Science, Engineering or Economics degree, ideally with a Logistics or Supply Chain element
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jun-10-2018
Req ID: 1800057H