Unilever Associate Requirements Planning Manager, Tea in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Associate Requirements Planning Manager - Tea
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Background & Purpose of the Job
In this role, you’ll be responsible for driving the tactical execution of the demand plan. The Associate Requirements Planning Manager is the primary contact for all management and communication of action plans during crisis management. You are responsible for leading Customer Service and Slow Moving and Obsolete Goods (SMOG) activities for your respective portfolio. The Associate Requirements Planning Manager supports the Supply Planner in Inventory and Waste activities and will be the single point of contact for the Customer Service and Logistics Operations Teams (LOT). You’ll be responsible for leading transition management processes for Planning and also network rebalancing requests working with LOT. You’ll also is responsible for leading continuous improvement activities to drive improvements.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Customer service is the number one priority for your day to day operational role, ensuring maximum stock availability for retailer’s orders at the right Distribution Center. In times when stock supply is constrained you’ll act as main liaison between the Marketing Sales Organization (MSO) and the Supply Planner, alerting the local internal teams, such as Customer Service, about restricted supply situations and recovery plans.
- You are responsible for ensuring the SKU level demand signal created by the US business (MSO) is produced and supplied on time and in full by the Unilever supply network
- You’ll manage your SKU’s entire life cycle, setting up new products and managing the exit of SKU’s from the Unilever range
- You’ll be expected to proactively identify and mitigate future risks to the business and drive this change agenda that will help us get ahead of a crisis.
- Your portfolio of products will be different within each Unilever category, based on the complexity of the supply network, product size formats and case volume throughput.
- The SAP platform is extensively used within the role alongside reporting packages such as Business Warehouse. you are required to be competent on a multitude of SAP transaction screens both in SAP R3 (transaction side) and SAP APO (planning side)
You’re a born leader:You take control of the situation and lead the team in solving the issues at hand.
You’re a strategy guru:You will analyze a problem from multiple angles prior to moving forward on a resolution. You are open to ideas from all parties.
You’re a dot connector:You can see the big picture while getting into the weeds to get to the root cause of the problem. You also look for ways to prevent the same situation from repeating itself.
You’re a story teller:You can recap the situation to upper management at a high level while hitting all the key points.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree with focus in an analytical discipline required (eg. Logistics, applied sciences, computer science, math, statistics, economics, engineering, etc.); advanced degree a plus
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in operational planning and Customer Service, ideally in supply chain planning.
- Knowledge of SAP planning (APO and O2C) systems
- APICS involvement/certification a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts in straight-forward ways
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth|Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits|Every Voice Matters|Global Reach|Life at Unilever|Careers with Purpose|World Class Career Development Programs|Check Out Our Space|Focus On Sustainability
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Englewood Cliffs-Englewood Cliffs -700 Sylvan
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jul-27-2018
Req ID: 180009XO