Unilever Maintenance Supervisor in Covington, Tennessee
Background & Purpose of the Job
The maintenance supervisor position supports the maintenance manager. This position coordinates the team of maintenance technicians in their area of assignment. This position is responsible for ensuring completion of all maintenance tasks in their assigned area, making sure the manager is aware if there are any gaps. The position ensures the correct resources are being applied to each problem and escalates to the manager when additional help is needed.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Continuously strive to increase the efficiency and reliability of equipment in their area of focus
- Communicate with all shifts of the maintenance team to ensure a consistent message and consistent application of all company policies, programs, rules and regulations.
- Support maintenance team in troubleshooting, finding/procuring parts, or escalating issues as required
- Provide support for plant in the assigned area 24hrs/7days a week
- Escalate issues of non-compliance to the manager
- Works with the maintenance lead and planner to ensure equipment is properly input into Megamation (CMMS) for all equipment
- Ensures work orders are being completed, shares this information with the maintenance technicians on a weekly basis and holds team accountable
- Carries out periodic audits to ensure the work order process is being followed
- Carries out periodic audits to ensure depth of work order material is adequate and works with lead and planner to ensure gaps are addressed
- Ensure maintenance, quality and safety audits are carried out by the team to ensure compliance with internal requirements
- Engage the storeroom and maintenance planner to ensure the correct parts and qty of parts are being stocked for each machine
- Work with the maintenance lead and planner to track breakdowns and develop countermeasures for repeat issues
- Review short and medium term plans for equipment maintenance with the maintenance lead and planner and operations team. Develop long term plans with input from the managers, supervisors and operations team and ensure execution of the plans.
- Working as a team with Supervisors, Maintenance team members, and Operations to plan, procure and document activities for the enhancement of machines in the assigned area
- Leading the maintenance team to improve operations productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, and coordination of labor, parts, material, tools and equipment access
- Responsible for delivery of projects in the assigned area
- Reviewing and ensuring development/modification of work orders for equipment
- Contacting vendors and manufacturers as needed for support in resolving issues or deploying projects
- Review engineering projects being deployed in the area of focus to be the voice of the team and ensure communication to team about new/changing equipment
- Participate in safety or quality reviews and ensure corrective actions are carried out
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
What You’ll Need To Succeed
4 year degree in a technical field and at least two (2) years of experience as a maintenance supervisor/coordinator in fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and communicate with teams working different shifts across a 24/7 schedule.
- Experience with CMMS systems
- Willing to support off shift, overtime, weekends, on-call hours and holidays as necessary to support business needs
- Experience leading a team of maintenance technicians toward a common goal
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment
- Experience making reliability/maintenance decisions to meet needs
- Proven track record of implementing improvement ideas
- Supervision experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience working with an Ammonia refrigeration system
- Experience as a maintenance planner
- Experience with Megamation as a CMMS system
- Controls/Automation experience with a strong preference to Allen Bradley controls
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with DisabilitiesApplicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please seeEEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Employment may subject to verification of Motor Vehicle Records check.
Insert any Assessment and Pre-employment Physical Language(Plant Specific)
Value Led Hiring - Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Covington-Covington -2000 Highway 51 Nth
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Jun-24-2018
Req ID: 180004BD