Unilever Engineering Maintenance Supervisor in Chicago, Illinois
Engineering Maintenance Supervisor
* Background and Purpose of the Job *
You’re a changemaker: You will build and motivate teams to drive continuous improvement and deliver efficiencies and cost reduction. You will manage change in the maintenance and cross-functional teams through effective communication, procedures.and follow established standard operating procedures for safety, health, environment, and production.
Ability to work with and lead teams comprised of all personnel levels.
Ability to work a variety of shift schedules.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of plant personnel.
This position works independently to ensure timely, effective coverage of maintenance functions. The position is responsible for the leadership of Maintenance Technicians. The position provides technical process/innovation/project implementation support throughout the facility. The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of plant personnel, including the mechanically challenged, is significant within this position. The ability to coordinate jobs and changes, complete and follow up after finished. This position must be able to coach and mentor people to understand the details of the processes.
* Who You Are and What You Will Do *
* You’re a leader: * You will supervise/manage/direct/ schedule all activities for Maintenance Technicians. You will lead site Small CAPEX Project to drive continuous improvements.
* You’re a teacher: * You will coach/train Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance functions and troubleshooting of machinery in order to reduce downtime and maximize efficiencies. You will also be managing the scheduling, training, and supervision of Maintenance Technicians.
* You’re a dot connector: * You will communicate with manufacturing department regarding issues that need to be addressed by the maintenance department. You will coordinate, with production, warehouse departments, changeovers and moving of equipment to storage.
What you need to succeed
BS degree in Engineering or related discipline.
Ammonia Refrigeration and/or PSM preferred
5-10 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment.
Shift : 1st with flexibility to work 2ndand 3rdshift as needed
* What We can offer You *
* Culture for Growth* | * Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits* | * Every Voice Matters* | * Global Reach* | * Life at Unilever* | * Careers with Purpose* * | * * World Class Career Development Programs* | * Check Out Our Space* | * Focus On Sustainability*
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results, Motor Vehicle Records check and background investigation.
Job: Supply Chain
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago-Chicago -2816 South Kilbourn
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Sep-27-2018
Req ID: 180007F9